The HIFA Steering Group is delighted to announce 5 new HIFA Supporting Organisations in Nigeria (2), South Africa, UK and Zimbabwe: 1. Community Dermatology Journal; 2. HealthNewsNG.com (Nigeria); 3. Imperial Health Sciences (Pty) Ltd (South Africa); 4. Knowledge Transfer Africa (Pvt) Ltd (Zimbabwe); 5. Nigerian Medical Students’ Association.
1. Community Dermatology Journal
‘The Community Dermatology Journal brings up to date, relevant information on the diagnosis and treatment of skin disease to health workers in developing countries. It also provides information that can be used to educate health workers and the populations they serve.’
2. HealthNewsNG.com (Nigeria)
‘HealthNewsNG.com is Nigeria’s reliable source for information concerning the health sector. The need to launch the news website arose from the realization of the wide bridge that currently exists between the health professionals and individuals without any medical affiliation.’
3. Imperial Health Sciences (Pty) Ltd (South Africa)
Imperial Health Sciences supports Unjani Clinic, which provides accessible, affordable and quality healthcare to communities in under-served areas in South Africa.
4. Knowledge Transfer Africa (Pvt) Ltd (Zimbabwe)
‘Knowledge Transfer Africa (KTA) is a knowledge brokering organization based in Zimbabwe. Working in agriculture, environment and rural development, we focus on awakening people and organizations to diverse ways of connecting and sharing knowledge.’
5. Nigerian Medical Students’ Association
‘The objectives of the Nigerian Medical Students’ Association are:
- To expose all medical students to humanitarian and global health issues, providing them with the opportunity to educate themselves and their peers;
- To facilitate partnerships between the medical student community and international organizations working on health, education and medicine;
- To give all medical students the opportunity to take part in clinical and research exchange around the world;
- To provide a network that links active medical students across the globe, including student leaders, project managers and activists, so that they can learn from and be motivated by each other;
- To provide a national and international framework in which medical student projects can be initiated, carried out and developed;
- To empower and train medical students to take a role in bringing about the necessary changes to improve the health of all people of the world.’
179 organisations worldwide have now officially declared their commitment to the HIFA Vision: a world where people are no longer dying for lack of healthcare knowledge.
If the goals of YOUR organisation align with the HIFA Vision, please join us!
- HIFA Supporting Organisations are under no obligation to provide financial support
- HIFA Supporting Organisations are promoted on HIFA publications and website
- HIFA Supporting Organisations are invited to sponsor HIFA forum discussions and webinars in the HIFA Virtual Room (please contact us to explore options).
To become a HIFA Supporting Organisation, please download an application form from our home page: www.hifa2015.org
With many thanks,
Dr Neil Pakenham-Walsh
On behalf of the HIFA Steering Group